Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolution #1: Back of Closet Challenge

The first style resolution that I am going to work on this month is to wear a greater variety of the clothes that I already have.  I have heard that we wear 20% of our wardrobes 80% of the time, so if that is true, we are wasting lots of great stuff.  Or there is a lot of stuff we do not need to have in our closets. 
Your challenge for today is to venture to the very back of your closet and pull out the very last item.  If it is formal or completely out of season, keep moving down the rod until you get to something that isn't.  Once you get to that item, pull it out and do one of 3 things.
1.  Figure out a way to wear it.
2.  Put it at the front of the row so that you will see it and wear it soon.
3.  Get rid of it if you are not going to wear it in the next few days.

Here is what I found...
A cute purple t-shirt with fun fluffly sleeves from Loft a couple of seasons ago.  I didn't pack it away with my summer clothes because I knew that it would be cute with a long sleeved tee layered underneath it, but it had gotten pushed to the very back and I had forgotten about it. 

So head to the back of your closet and see what you find!  I would love for you to come back and comment and let me know what you find either in the comments here of on the Kelly B style facebook page.

Happy closet fishing!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment